In this episode we have not 1, not 2 but 5 Appetizers that deal with screencasting on the iPad. Rob and Josiah look at the informal and formal ways online learning can occur. We wrap up with Rob responding to a listener’s question about the potential impact of “transmedia” on education.
[podlove-episode field="subtitle"]Duration: [podlove-episode field="duration"] Published by [podlove-podcast field="publisher_name"]
In the News:
Screen Casting Apps!
What’s on our minds…
Discussion about Online Learning relating to access to content, where we talk about informal vs. formal learning, and implementation.
“Transmedia” in education
- Study suggests achievement gaps in Online Learning – Article / Academic Paper
- Coursera – Watch Daphne Koller, co-founder of Coursera, give an extended TED talk on online learning.
- Udacity – college credit program with San Jose State University.
- The VHS Collaborative (formerly Virtual High School)
- Schoology – pronounced school-oh-gee